In accordance with Governor Stitt’s plan to reopen the State of Oklahoma, Arctic Edge Ice Arena and Blazers Ice Centre will begin reopening on Monday, June 1st and will gradually reintroduce programs and initiatives throughout the summer. As part of this reopening plan, effective immediately the following procedures will be implemented to promote safety for customers and employees within the facilities:
- Prior to opening, all areas and surfaces within the rinks and lobbies will be cleaned and sanitized.
- This sanitization includes, but is not limited to, the front desk, rental skates, floors, doors, bleachers, rink glass and boards, benches and penalty boxes, locker rooms, showers and restrooms.
- Once open to public, staff will be sanitizing high traffic areas and surfaces every 30 minutes.
- Everyone will enter and exit the facilities through the front doors. At that point of entry your temperature will be taken. Signs will be placed around the facility with directions to ensure everyone is following CDC guidelines on maintaining safe distances.
- Skaters will be able to access the arena ten minutes prior to registered session and must leave facility ten minutes after last registered session.
- Only skaters and players that have pre-registered and paid for the session will be allowed into the ice arena.
- Only skaters will be allowed in the lobby area of the ice arena and social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- Skaters and Players are asked to come dressed and prepared.
- No water bottles or tissue rink side, only medication if deemed necessary.
- Skaters, Players and coaches must follow social distancing guidelines while on the ice.
- Masks will be required for all employees and guests in the lobby and rinks but will not be required once on the ice surface. Masks are recommended on ice surface during training.
- Masks will not be provided by the facilities. If patrons or guests arrive without a protective face covering, they will not be permitted into the building.
- All skaters on these sessions must have pre-registered and paid online.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facilities.
Protocols and Procedures:
- Protocols for activities and the facility as a whole are designed to mitigate exposure of staff and patrons to COVID-19. Protocols will be reviewed continuously and changes may be implemented immediately to protect the safety of staff and patrons. Additionally, Staff will review protocols on a weekly basis and anticipate expanding hours of operation and access to amenities like locker rooms and vending machines as we gain confidence for the capacity of the staff to do so safely.
- Monday, June 1: Arctic Edge Ice Arena and Blazers Ice Centre will open Monday through Friday for Freestyle sessions, Pro Time sessions and Stick & Puck sessions only. A limited number of people will be allowed in the building during each session. Locker rooms will not be available at this time.
- Monday, June 15th: Facilities will continue to operate with limited hours while slowly introducing Open Hockey sessions, Adult Drop-In sessions. We will also be implementing some youth hockey programs. All sessions will be limited to 20 customers at a time.
- Wednesday, July 1: Public skating will begin with limited numbers of skaters. Camps and clinics will begin to be held. Youth hockey will begin to practice in small groups and locker rooms will be available.
- Tuesday, July 7th: Learn to Skate and Home school classes will resume.
- Saturday, August 8th: Youth hockey travel team tryouts.
Thank you for understanding,
Arctic Edge Ice Arena & Blazers Ice Centre