The objectives of the program are:
- To provide a fun and safe skating experience for the beginner as well as the more advanced skater
- To teach correct technique of the simple basic elements
- To promote health and physical fitness
- To enable all participants to achieve the skills necessary to either skate for fun the rest of their lives or to move competently into the U.S. Figure Skating advanced test and/or competitive structure
We are very happy to announce that we have joined forces with Learn to Skate USA, all of our skaters will enjoy benefits of being a LTS USA member.
Our Coaches are certified members LTS USA
Learn to Skate USA’s mission statement is “to provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong love of skating”
This is THE only learn to skate program in the country.
Learn to Skate USA makes learning to skate accessible, easy and fun. The revamped curriculum, taught by certified, passionate instructors, presents skaters the tools to progress their skills and thrive them to achieve their goals.
Summer Session 1: June 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, July 5, 9, 12
Homeschool: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Summer Session 2: July 16, 19, 23, 26, 30, August 2, 6, 9, 13, 16
Homeschool: July 7, 14, 21, 28, August 4
Session 1: : August 23, 30, September 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, October 1
Homeschool: August 11, 18, 25, September 1, 8
Session 2: : October 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, November 1, 5
Homeschool: September 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13
Home School & Pre-School Times
Enrollment package includes: 30 minute lesson, free admission and skate rental for the public session that follows the lesson Times included:
Tuesday: 7:15-8:45 PM
Thursday: Noon-2:45 PM
Saturday: Noon-2:00 PM
Regular Class Fees:
One Session, 5 Classes $80
One Session, 10 Classes $140
Learn-to-Skate USA Membership Fee: $25 per season
Family Discount $120 Each Skater (Per Person for 2 or more family members)
- Helmets (bicycle helmets are acceptable, aerodynamic models not recommended) *Use of helmet is recommended for beginning skaters*
- Warm-up suit
- Light to medium weight socks (1 pair only)
- Long sleeves and long pants
- Jeans are not recommended as they are restrictive, shorts are not permitted. Skates, helmets, and gloves may be purchased at Blazers Ice Centre Pro Shop.
Blazers Ice Centre is not responsible for personal items that may be lost or stolen. Private lockers are available for your protection.
Please do not wait until the session is over to re-register for the next session. Blazers Ice Centre does not hold spots for program participants. Sign up for the skater’s current level and we will automatically update after evaluation week.
All programs must be paid in full at time of registration.Blazers Ice Centre reserves the right to reschedule, change, or cancel a program due to uncontrollable circumstances.We reserve the right to revoke participant and future registration in any program offered at this facility.
NO REFUNDS or CREDITS, There will no makeup classes, reduced price for missed classes or refunds due to rink closure or inability to attend class for any reason. Note: Class dates do not always run consecutively, major holidays and competition dates are not included in the schedule.
For Tuesday or Saturday Classes only, please note class schedule to attend 5 classes, 1 alternated day may be required. Public sessions are not included for days not on the calendar and are subject to ice and skate rental fees.
*Check the Pro shop for your skate needs *
Recreational/Hockey Sharpening $10
Pro/Figure Skating Sharpening $15
Recommended every 20-30 hrs of skating!